- A hybrid of DBMS and MapReduce technologies targeting analytical query workloads
- Designed to run on a shared-nothing cluster of commodity machines, or in the cloud
- An attempt to fill the gap in the market for a free and open source parallel DBMS
- Much more scalable than currently available parallel database systems and DBMS/MapReduce hybrid systems (see longer blog post).
- As scalable as Hadoop, while achieving superior performance on structured data analysis workloads
Monday, July 20, 2009
Announcing release of HadoopDB (shorter version)
I'm pleased to announce the release of HadoopDB. HadoopDB is: